Best Option

Find the right accountancy solution for your requirements

How do I register as self employed?

First and foremost you will need to register with HMRC. This should be a top priority for any newly self-employed person as failure to register within three months will result in a fine. The quickest and easiest way to do this is by registering online.

If you have an accountant or agent who will be completing the form for you, you will need to ensure that you have signed a 64-8 form: Authorisation for your agent. This is a formal agreement which allows your accountant to act on your behalf, and to contact HMRC.