Best Option

Find the right accountancy solution for your requirements

If I’m self-employed what Tax Returns do I need to submit?

If you are self-employed, you have to fill in a Self-Assessment Tax Return every year. HM Revenue and Customs will send you the paper forms you need, or you can complete your tax return online.

You will be asked for details about profits from your business and any other income that you have to pay tax on, such as rental income. This is used to work out how much tax and National Insurance Contributions you have to pay. You must provide the correct information and return this to HMRC on time. You must keep all of your records so that you can fill in your tax return fully and accurately. The more detailed records you keep the easier it will be to answer any questions HMRC might have.